Parkinson’s Information Seminar – Hervey Bay
Parkinson’s QLD will be holding a comprehensive information and education Seminar focusing on all aspects of Parkinson’s on Saturday February 21 at Hervey Bay Boat Club.
Helen Crew, CEO of Parkinson’s QLD said bringing the seminar to Hervey Bay would raise awareness of Parkinson’s in the community and promote the support and treatment services available, along with a wealth of other information from world renowned Parkinson’s experts and interactive Q&A sessions.
“Our aim of the Seminar is to help anyone affected by Parkinson’s to feel they’re not alone, said Mrs Crew.
“Experiencing Parkinson’s can be an isolating experience for many people but the Seminar will highlight treatment options, services and support available that you can tap into to navigate your way through what can be an overwhelming experience.”
Topics to be covered include:
• Learn from world renowned experts in the field of Parkinson’s neurology and neurosurgery as they explain the complexities of Parkinson’s disease.
• Treatment choices available for people living with Parkinson’s
• Ways of better managing the symptoms through speech pathology and physiotherapy
• The Latest Parkinson’s Research
Who should attend:
• Health Professionals
• Allied Health Professionals
• People with Parkinson’s and related disorders
• Care givers and family members.
For further information contact: Angela Francke – Event & Planning Officer
T 07 3209 1588 E [email protected]