- Toll Free information Line 1800 644 189
- Specialist Library Service providing books, journal articles, DVD’s and videos
- Information Kits
- Quarterly Newsletter
- web site www.parkinsons-qld.org.au
Over 20 Support Groups throughout Queensland provide friendship, mutual support and information. Meetings may include practical tips and advice, group discussions, social outings and education sessions from health professionals.
- Seminars for Recently Diagnosed
- Education sessions on symptom management
- Resources for Carers and Families
- In service education workshops provided to health professionals in accommodation facilities, respite, and health services to improve their understanding of Parkinson’s and caring for people with Parkinson’s
As the peak state-wide agency, we represent the needs and interests of people with Parkinson’s to all levels of government, seeking improved funding for services, research and awareness. We are also represented on the national peak body, Parkinson’s Australia, and network as a member of peak neurological service organizations in Australia.
We provide information and advice on accessible services, provided where possible in your local community, and relevant to your specific needs
Improving the communities understanding of Parkinson’s is a priority. We regularly promote Parkinson’s awareness via the media and through fundraising initiatives, particularly during Parkinson’s Awareness Week and International Parkinson’s Day.