Parkinson’s Education Sessions
In addition to the wide range of support services Parkinson’s Queensland Inc. offers to individuals living with Parkinson’s disease and their friends, family and carers, Parkinson’s Queensland Inc. also offers a range of information seminars to meet the learning needs of nursing and allied health professionals across the state.
These information seminars are presented onsite and are delivered in an easy to understand and interactive format.
The Parkinson’s Queensland Inc. information seminars are an ideal forum for individuals with various levels of understanding and experience in the area of Parkinson’s disease to enhance their current knowledge base.
All seminars include:
- A general introduction to Parkinson’s disease, including motor and non-motor symptoms, cause, diagnosis, treatment options and current surgeries available
- Medication management and side-effects
- Practical strategies used by Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists etc. to address concerns such as getting out of bed, improving mobility, help with ‘freezing’, speech and swallowing
- A brief overview of the services of Parkinson’s Queensland Inc.
- Information about community and government services commonly accessed by people living with Parkinson’s disease
Each seminar typically runs for approximately 1 hour. In addition, each seminar includes Parkinson’s disease resources and comprehensive handouts.
Please be aware that we are currently only able to offer these services in the South East corner of Queensland and charges apply.
Please contact PQI on 1800 664 189 or email Support Services .